If you want to keep your hair extensions healthy for as long as possible these are some items you will need:
- Hair Extension Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Hair extension Loop Brush.
- A Hair scrunchie to tie hair up when you sleep.
- Quality heat protection spray for straightening.
- Argan Oil Treatment.
You will be able to find most of these needed items on our accessories page.
Sleeping with hair extensions:
When sleeping with hair extensions the best way to wear your hair is in a bun secured with a soft scrunchie or to plat your hair, this will help prevent your hair from tangling. You should never go to bed with wet or damp hair as this will damage your natural hair and your hair extensions. Brush your hair with a hair extension Loop Brush which prevents pulling on your extensions when grooming. If your hair is slightly tangled, start lightly brushing down from the bottom of your hair and work your way up until untangled.
Using hair straighteners:
Try and use a hair straightener with a temperature gauge so you can set the heat to a lower setting and if possible don't use every day. Brush your hair with your hair extension Loop Brush before you start. Section your hair and spray each section with heat protection before straightening.
Washing your hair extensions:
Before you wash them remove any knots with your hair extension Loop Brush. Gently shampoo with strait downward strokes and rinse out with your head tilted backwards under the shower. Avoid covering roots with shampoo more than once a week. Apply conditioner to the ends of your hair and use the same method, always keep conditioner well away from the roots and do not wash everyday as this may cause pre mature loosening to your extensions. Dry your hair naturally or with your blow dryer set to a medium heat, dry roots first and work your way down.
Stay away from cheap and greasy hair products as they are full of chemicals that will ruin your hair extensions and make them dry.
If you are not wearing a swimming cap then tie your hair in a tight pony at the lower part of your head. Plat the remainder and tie off at the end.
Once you have finished and want to undo your hair follow these steps:
- Keep your hair in a plait and rinse under the shower until all the chlorine or salt has been rinsed out. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove bottom tie and carefully loosen plait.
- Only apply shampoo to this section, “squeeze” through until the shampoo foams.
- Rinse out properly.
- Take out band holding the pony tail and carefully part hair with your hands.
- Apply shampoo to all of your hair, ensure you keep your hair strait. Gently stroke in a downwards motion and wash out.
- Wrap your hair in a towel which will soak up water, then brush your hair with your hair extension loop brush to remove any tangles.
- Allow your hair to naturally dry or blow dry on a medium heat.