Hair Extension Care & Maintenance
CARE AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE FOR BEAUTIFUL HAIR EXTENSIONS
Thank you for choosing Human Hair Extensions Online, we are confident our extensions will give you many months of satisfaction. To ensure longevity of your extensions please read and ensure the following information is implemented.
HHEO Hair extensions are 100% Remy Human Hair. HUMAN HAIR is made up of a protein filament called Keratin. REMY HAIR is one that has the outer layers or cuticles left intact along each strand. Each stand of hair is made up of microscopic overlapping flat cells which are aligned in the same direction that natural hair would fall. Extensions made from Remy hair resemble our own natural hair thus preventing knots and tangles.
As the hair is sourced naturally each set will never share the same characteristics. Variations will occur in texture, colour, strand thickness and body. Colour of the hair will also determine the lifespan of the hair.
X We do not recommend the use of purple/silver shampoos or toners. These products will weaken and damage the hair overtime and reduce its lifespan.
X We do not recommend dying, colouring or bleaching the hair extensions. Any of these processes will be done solely at the customers own risk with no responsibility to HHEO. Light colours will require greater care as their lifespan is shorter due to the initial steps involved to obtain its current state.
X We do not recommend using excessive heat on hair extensions as this will dry and discolour the hair, ultimately reducing its life span.
X We do not recommend excessive washing or styling. Product build up from over styling can leave the hair heavy and lifeless. Depending on how often the hair is used washing will only need to be done 1-2 times a week.
Please note we cannot refund or exchange any products that have been altered or exposed to the above elements in any way.
Caring for your hair extensions is very important as this will ensure you receive the maximum life span from the product. As hair extensions do not have the ability to naturally repair like your own hair you will need to follow our simple maintenance routine to keep your hair extensions healthy, silky and smooth!
There is no need to wash Clip In Hair Extensions as often as your natural hair. Only wash if they look dirty, lifeless, have product build up or smell indifferent. As hair extensions do not produce natural caring oils like your own hair it is important to soak the hair in our conditioner prior to rinsing. This will keep the hair soft and supple. Permanent hair extensions should only be washed 1 – 2 times per week. Ultimately the less you wash your extensions the longer they will last.
Washing Your Hair Extensions
1. Before washing gently brush your hair with a HHEO loop brush or detangler.
2. Do use our shampoo and conditioner which is sulphate and paraben free. This can be purchased from our online store https://www.humanhairextensiononline.com.au/x-ten-silky-lite-hair-extension-shampoo-conditioner-combo.html
3. Rinse your hair extensions under warm water; gently working the shampoo with a downward stroking motion, rinse thoroughly.
4. Now using the same technique, apply conditioner and let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse out conditioner.
5. If possible, allow your hair extensions to air dry.
6. Add some argan oil to lock in additional moisture.
Caring For Your Hair Extensions
1. When brushing, start at the tips and slowly work your way to the roots using a loop brush.
2. Air drying is best. However, if you do use heat always use a heat protector and have the appliance set to a low temperature. Excessive heat (above 180 degrees Celsius) applied to your extensions will damage or discolour the hair.
3. Do not sleep while wearing clip in extensions.
4. Keep your clip in extensions the HHEO box provided when you are not wearing them. Make sure they are completely dry before storing.
5. Treat your extensions to a deep conditioning treatment every 1- 2 weeks.