If you own a few hair extensions, including clip-in ponytail extensions, it is important to learn and practice proper hair extensions care and management in order for your hair to stay beautiful, luscious and smooth. With proper care and management, human hair extensions, including clip-in ponytail extensions, can last for two years or even more.
When choosing clip-in human hair ponytail extensions, remember that you get what you pay for. Although human hair clip in hair extensions are made for longevity, they do not contain the natural oils that our scalp produces. With this in mind, human hair ponytail hair extensions can become dirty and unsightly when they are not given the care they deserve.
Here are some commonly asked questions about caring for ponytail hair extensions:
- When is the best time to wash human hair ponytail extensions?
By rule, you need to wash hair extensions after every 20 wears. If you wear your ponytail extension regularly and for extended hours at a time, we highly recommend washing it more often.
Another clear indication that you should wash your human hair extensions is when they become unmanageable when styling.
- How do you brush ponytail hair extensions?
- Make sure to brush your hair before washing. This helps in minimising the presence of knots and tangles.
- Always brush your ponytail hair extensions from bottom to top. This will allow you to identify any tough knots or tangles without the risk of pulling the hairs out from the base.
- Always use a wide-tooth comb or a soft-bristle brush when brushing hair extensions.
- What products should you use for human hair ponytail extensions?
- Ideally, use sulfate-free and alcohol-free hair care products. If you are using coloured human hair ponytail extensions, make sure to use shampoo, conditioner and styling agents that are suitable for colour treated hair only.
- Only use lukewarm water when wetting your hair. In addition, make sure to use enough conditioner for the hair extensions as they do not get any natural oils from the scalp. Using generous amounts of conditioner will help in locking in moisture and hydration within the hair follicles of your hair extensions.
To know more about how to properly take care of the best ponytail hair extensions, visit us here. For enquiries, you may also reach us at +61 1300 489 337.