The care and maintenance of clip-in hair extensions are important aspects users should master even before they buy clip in hair extensions online. Whether you want to own a bob clip-in hair extension or a mermaid-length ponytail hair extension, you need to show your hair utmost care by using quality hair care products and following the best human hair clip-in hair extension practices that we have listed down below.
- Go easy on hair care styling products
The longevity and quality of your clip-in hair extensions will depend on the number of chemicals it comes in contact with.
Here are some important tips to take care of your hair extensions:
- Remember that excessive use of hair straighteners and hair curlers can result in irreversible damage such as split ends, breakage, colour changes, shedding or hair loss.
- If you wish to curl your hair, for instance, make sure to use a heat protecting spray and curl the hair well and neatly so that you can use the same style for a few more wears before styling it again with a straightener or other hair styling equipment.
- Store your clip in human hair extensions properly
- Before packing your clip-in hair extensions away for storage, make sure to brush the hair with a soft bristle brush or wide tooth comb. Brushing the human hair extensions will ensure that they are tangle free and looking fresh for the next use.
- Each time you wash your clip-in hair extensions, make sure to air dry them well before putting them away for storage.
- Make sure the box protects the human hair extensions from direct sunlight, moisture or heat. You can do this by placing your storage box or container inside a cool and dry cupboard or cabinet.
- Here are tips on how to wash your human hair extensions
- Use lukewarm water for washing.
- Since constant washing shortens the lifespan of clip-in hair extensions, it is imperative to identify the ideal number of washes over the life of your hair extensions. Experts believe that washing hair extensions every four months is best for those who use clip-in hair extensions on special occasions. For those who use hair extensions on a daily basis, a monthly wash may be necessary. To determine the best time to wash your clip-in hair extensions look for hair strands which start to show signs of matting and are hard to manage.
- Use alcohol-free and sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner for human hair extensions.
If you want more human hair extension care and maintenance tips or want to buy hair extensions online, click here. For assistance, you may reach us at +61 1300 489 337 today.