The use of tape in hair extensions are not only limited to celebrities and A-listers. Its popularity has certainly reached its peak in Australia, that women from all walks of life use it to sport majestic long, luscious, and beautiful hair. One of the more popular hair extension methods is Remy tape in extensions. These hair extensions are made from human hair strands, giving users that naturally beautiful look altogether.
If this is your first time to wear tape in hair extensions, there are of course a few guidelines to follow to ensure that you can use them as long as possible. Typically, quality Remy tape in hair extensions lasts between 6 to 12 months. With proper care, you can even use hair extensions beyond its lifespan. Here are some tips on how you should properly maintain and care for your tape hair extensions at home.
- How often should you brush tape hair extensions?
The proper way of brushing tape in extensions is from the bottom up. This technique ensures that hair strands are not pulled and tangled over time.
Do not forget to brush and detangle the strands before washing hair extensions. Hair extension strands are relatively weaker when wet, thus brushing should never be done while washing or immediately after washing.
Always use the right type of hair care tool for your extensions. In the case of tape in extensions, we recommend using combs and brushes specifically made for hair extension pieces.
- What should a daily hair care routine look like for women with extensions?
- Only use premium hair care products for your extensions. Paraben-free and sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners are highly recommended as they cleanse and hydrate the hair strands without fear of damage.
- Invest in a quality leave-in conditioner after washing the hair. Leave in conditioners make the hair strands smooth and less prone to damage and tangles.
- Avoid sleeping when your tape in extensions are still wet. Air dry the hair extensions and then place in a braid before sleeping.
- It is a must that you replace the adhesives once the strips are growing away from the roots.
We have everything that you need to care for your tape in extensions the best way possible. For addition enquiries, please do not hesitate to call us on +61 1300 489 337 today.
The post Tips on How to Lengthen the Lifespan of Tape In Hair Extensions appeared first on Human Hair Extensions Online | Blog.