Word of mouth, online reviews and product specifications may help, but nothing beats seeing the product first hand, feeling the hair and evaluating your findings. If you are thinking about getting hair extensions it is best to select the actual product by hand, so that in future the same brand can be confidently ordered online. Do not always rely on pictures and description first time because these can be very deceiving.
There are a myriad of hair extension brands and some that we, in the world of hair and beauty styling, hear from most often are Show Pony, Celebrity, Godiva, Amazing Hair, Great Lengths and Headkandy Hair Extensions …the list goes on. How can we distinguish, who’s giving the best hair for your money?
Here are some tips of how you can gauge hair extension quality;
- Educate yourself on hair extensions – learning the different types (Remy is the highest quality in the industry for example), the process, the sources and everything that contributes to the quality of hair is very helpful. You do not need to be an expert but at least well versed with the product.
- Ask those who have tried the hair extensions…your friends, colleagues, neighbours or relatives and you will find that first hand experiences will make the assessment more credible.
- Read products reviews -there are usually sites that do this for the purpose of the would-be user to get a bird’s eye view of the item in question. Don’t be afraid to ask question and find out what you want to know.
- Ask professional hairdressers about them and make sure they give you an unbiased comment on the products. When you think they are pushing the brand they are carrying then you will know that some of the information given may have been an exaggeration.
- Make a note that each brand offers different hair varying in thickness, texture and density. Choose the one that matches best with your own. This should be the first thing you take into consideration when choosing the best hair extensions for you.
- If you can get hold of the hair to determine how they actually feel then all the better, as this will be very useful in deciding if it is the right one for you. Try to scrutinize the details and test its durability.
I hope that this helps you in determining which brand is the best for you. Remember it doesn’t matter if your hair is coarse and frizzy, or fine and limp there are hair extensions that suit your style.
What else do you want to know about hair extensions?
For more information click here