I say they are worth every cent especially when you have achieved that look you’ve always wanted… super-long, sexy hair that drops all the way down to your hips.
Hair extensions costs could run to anywhere between hundreds to thousands of dollars which would depend on several factors, let’s name them one by one:
- The method – Taped-in, Skin Weft, Micro Bead, etc…
- The type of hair used – Synthetic, Remy hair (100% human hair with intact follicles), Virgin hair
- The brand of the hair – More often than not, branded ones are more expensive compared to purchasing them online without a brand name
- The length of the extensions – 16 inch, 20inch, 24inch, 26inch
- Frequency of require maintenance- Some extensions require maintenance appointments every 5 to 6 weeks
Now, here are the reasons why you should go ahead and get the hair extensions you have been longing for, the advantages are as follows;
- Easier transformation- For women who are used to long hair and are put off by the drastic transition to a sexy short hairstyle or vice versa, hair extensions can provide an easier transitioning period for a woman who may be debating going through the abrupt changes.
- Assist in patience of growth – since the focus on your hair growth is taken away because of the hair extensions you will not be conscious of how slow it grows, thus you will enjoy your hair more.
- Better time management – Spend less time styling time because extensions can provide constant manipulation without the stress on your tresses.
- Provide you confidence – let’s face it, not everyone is completely satisfied with our own hair; this is the main reason why extensions are so popular, it gives you the lift you so well deserve.
Remember to consider the hair extension treatment fully before proceeding:
- Temporary or Permanent Traction Alopecia – In some cases moderate hair loss can be attributed to braids that are too tight, twists or styles, pony tails, weaves and extensions.
- Improper care of the hair – you have to treat hair extensions like they are your own and care for them everyday.
- You will need to visit a hairdresser every 4-5 weeks to make adjustments since hair is constantly growing about ½ an inch a month.
- You have to have an extra budget for the upkeep-hair dresser charge around $80 per visit just to ensure that your hair is healthy and the extensions are in their rightful place.
After going through the pros and cons, I hope I have helped you decide what is best for you. But if you ask me I would certainly give it a go. It is worth it to try and see just how it can make you feel. Get an appointment with a professional.