Hair problems, such as oiliness, dryness, and any type of damage, can be fixed using things that can be found in the kitchen. Aside from being cheaper than most mainstream hair treatments available in the market these days, they can also be customised and contain no chemicals that can damage natural strands and Human Hair Extensions Online products. But to ensure that the right hair mask formula is made, make sure to follow the steps highlighted below.
1. Identify problems with your hair. By doing so, you can then decide on the ingredients to use. Check out the list and know what exactly is the problem with your hair.
● Dry hair is dull, has a number of split ends, and easily breaks. This is caused by damage, low oil level, or both.
● Hair becomes oily or greasy if not washed everyday. Oily hair lacks shine, contrary to one property of oil.
● Hair that is both dry (at the ends) and oily (at the roots) is caused by over-brushing and over-styling.
2. Select ingredients to be used in making your hair mask, then follow the steps below. Once you have finished making your hair mask, wash your locks as normal, but without the application of conditioner. After washing, squeeze excess moisture from hair, then remove moisture from comb.
You should then take the bowl filled with natural hair mask into the bathroom. Generally, hair mask is applied evenly throughout your hair, making sure it is left there for 10-20 minutes. It is then rinsed with lukewarm water. A cold rinse follows the lukewarm water rinse to close hair follicles.
The steps mentioned above can vary depending on what food or ingredients you have chosen to use for your hair mask, though, so it’s important that you be attentive to every single detail mentioned below.
For Dry / Damaged Hair
The following ingredients provide moisture and oil, which protect hair from further damage and also make each strand shiny again. Mix and match according to what is available and according to what you need.
* Avocado - Avocado contains lots of natural oils, making it a great moisturiser. In fact, it is so great a moisturiser that half of the fruit is more than enough to make your hair oily again. It also contains a good number of nutrients and vitamins.
* Banana - It is rich in oils and vitamins that help improve elasticity. For this reason, it’s said to be able to help prevent breakage and split ends. It is also a great treatment against dandruff. Like avocado, half a banana is more than enough to improve your hair’s overall texture.
* Mayonnaise - All three components of mayonnaise--vinegar, oil, and eggs--provide shine, hydration, and volume to your hair. While it is best used along with avocado, you may also use this alone.
* Coconut Oil - What makes coconut oil great for damaged and dry hair is the fact that, upon application, it gets into the shafts of each strand and coat hair with nutrients. To use, apply directly to hair and leave it there for 20 minutes to one hour. Shampoo twice afterwards to remove grease. Condition as normal.
Oily hair greatly benefits from a homemade hair mask since most mainstream hair masks have silicone, which can cause hair to become greasier.
* Strawberries - These regulate scalp oil production very well and are rich in vitamin C. Mash up a number of pieces and apply to your locks alone, with a number of other solutions to oily hair, or a moisturising ingredient like mayonnaise to keep your hair from becoming too dry. Leave the strawberries on for ten minutes.
* Baking Soda - This is the most effective way to remove any buildup of grease, dirt, and cosmetic products from your hair. Mix with water and apply to your hair as a temporary shampoo substitute. The mix of baking soda and mayonnaise also works wonders for your hair.
* Lemon Juice - It reduces scalp oil production by closing the pores. As it can lighten the colour of your hair if you use it regularly, make sure to use it sparingly. It is also important that you avoid exposing your head to sunlight upon applying lemon juice to your hair.
Dry and Oily Hair
* Strawberries and Mayonnaise - Strawberries help regulate the production of oil on the hair, while mayonnaise adds nutrients and moisture to the hair to make it look less dry. If you decide on using this mixture of mayonnaise and strawberries on your hair, mix three tablespoons of mayonnaise and three mashed strawberries together.
* Apple Cider Vinegar and Eggs - Eggs have protein, which helps fix damage to your hair and gives your hair the moisture and nutrients it needs. Apple cider vinegar removes dullness, rinses away grease build-up and hair product residue while regulating hair pH and managing dandruff. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two beaten eggs together.
* Yogurt and baking soda - Yogurt is rich in moisture and nutrients, while baking soda loosens grease, dirt, or grime build-up on the scalp and hair. Mix a couple of tablespoons of yogurt with one teaspoon baking soda.
3. Experiment with the foodstuffs and ingredients mentioned above to know what works and does not work for you. Keep in mind that everyone has different hair, so your ideal recipe might not be someone else’s ideal recipe.
4. Enjoy your clean, shiny, voluminous, and healthy hair that goes so well with your superior quality hair extensions!